Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not Much to Report...But.....

Yo People, how's it going? Not much to report here on the news front. Been working and enjoying the wonderful weather. I am actually working on my tan for once. It's ashame I live in the Sunshine State and never get to enjoy it. So, on my past days off Missy, Tommy, and I hung out. On Sunday, Tex, Missy, John Jr, and I went to the Beach Bucket. Kris, if you are reading this, then you of course remember it. It's a nice little restaurant in a Time Share (Imagine that), that has a nice patio oceanfront. Of course, I took pics of the guys and gals frolicking on the sands of Daytona Beach. I will come back tomorrow evening and edit this post and add some good pics that were taken. We had 3 buckets of beer between the 4 of us. Which ended up being 3 beer for me. It was Budweiser and I prefer not to drink it because it can be known for headaches. But, somehow, I was fortunate not to get one. Tommy picked us up and dropped Missy and the boys off at their house and then he was heading to the Streamline. I wasn't having that. I wasn't in the mood for that. So, I walked home but not before stopping by Wendy's for an evening snack. Well, I apparently came home and dozed right off in the recliner and woke up right in time for Desperate Housewives at 9pm. And, of course, you know I was glued to ABC at 10pm when Brothers and Sisters came back on. There's just something about that show. I just can't explain it. Oh yeah, May I have your attention please.......Drum Roll Please..........I had 3 resolutions at the beginning of the year, and I have entirely accomplished one of them and the second one is in progress. I resolved to stop biting my fingernails (30+ years habit I have never stopped), quit smoking cigarettes, and to drop my weight down to 170lbs. Well, I am very proud to say that I haven't bitten a single nail since mid January. I did however, break my first nail last week opening a beer of all things. But my nails are now actually hanging over the tips of my fingers. I am so proud to have accomplished that one. On April the 20th, I declared that I would stop smoking cigarettes cold turkey. Here it is Wednesday morning 3:10am, and I haven't had a cigarette since Sunday. What made me to decide to quit smoking you might ask? Well, those of you who know me well enough, know I am one cheap bitch. LOL. I finally realized that my smoking habit was running me anywhere from $85 - 105 per month. I was smoking over a pack a day. How ridiculous to waste all that money on cigarettes? I think it is. I will be the first to admit, that I do enjoy smoking cigarettes, though. I enjoy having a beer and cigarette together. There's just something about the two that almost always go hand in hand. Tonight, was my first night back at work, and that was the true test. Being bored on a Tuesday night and not smoke. I actually did very good. I instantly chewed some gum every time I had a craving for one. It worked to my advantage of course. Well, to reward myself for not smoking, I have decided that I want to fly to Vegas for a few days in mid-July or early August. Bette Midler and Cher are performing at Caesar's Palace Colosseum. The tickets are relatively cheap in comparison to other concerts. I figure I can fly, get a nice employee discounted hotel room, and rent a car and take in the sights. I would love to make arrangements while I am there to see the Grand Canyon. I am thinking about taking the helicopter ride for that. I have always wanted to go to Vegas. Who knows, I may like it enough to move out there? LOL. I have been known to fly the coop several times on occasion. But, I will be sure to do it with complete planning as I did with the Tampa move as well. I figure with the Tax rebate we are supposed to be getting, I will pay an extra month's rent with it, while paying for the rent as I would usually. I would pay an extra month in June, so that I wouldn't have to pay rent until Sept 1. Meaning that by early July, I can organize my Vegas trip and not be in debt. Time will tell. As this is the early stages of the planning. On a different note, I want to say, last week I decided I would back up my important files and do a complete restore on my computer. I know I have mentioned I hate WINDOWS VISTA with a passion. I don't surf the web all that much except for the usual sites I always visit. But, for whatever reason, last week my computer was running extremely slow. I mean, so slow, I could have been impregnated and delivered the child quick than what my computer was running. So, after backing up my computer's file to DVD I took my computer to work and started the restore process there. I was prepared and made a list of the programs that I wanted to install back on after I was done restoring it. It took forever to get the restore complete because Vista is so damn slow. I brought the computer home and finished getting everything set back up and reorganized to my liking. There, is something I highly recommend y'all do. I have used it for a while now, but I was still always using internet explorer. I highly recommend using Mozilla's Firefox browser rather than Internet Explorer. Once you get everything tinkered to your liking, you can literally breeze through doing your normal day to day routine/sites in a matter of a couple of minutes rather than a long drawn out process. There are a few add-ons that make it the best yet. I am extremely happy using it instead of IE. All my friends, kept telling me to switch, but I will admit I was hard-headed and stuck on the IE. Okay, I just realize that the title said Not Much to Report, But.... I guess I have reported on more than I thought I was. I am going to finish sweeping up the the third time, since the floors are now drying. Yes, I sweep them twice before I mop it and then once more after it's been mopped. With two hairy pussy's in the house, I have to make sure I get all hair out of here. Peace out!

No comments: