Monday, April 14, 2008

Daytona Gay Pride Festivities....















Hello People. How's it going? All is well here. Since my last post, not much has happened. Other than on Thursday, which was another night in hell at work. To sum it all up, I will make it quick. We had some guests who checked in a couple of weeks ago, that have done nothing but caused the staff grief. They have had to leave a couple of times, because we were sold out and didn't have availability for them to stayover. The wife is a raging bitch. She does nothing but complain about irrelevant things that are beyond our control. Such as, parents not watching their children while they are at the hotel. We aren't babysitters, you know. I bent over backwards to try and accommodate them, but that didn't appease them at all. While playing room roulette in the system, we had another problem room that caused us headaches from the time they checked in on Thursday. Well, around 930pm, I hear a call come across the radio about a light bulb catching on fire. I happened to be on the phone with the GM (one of about 10 calls in 2 hrs to him) and he wanted me to go take pictures. When, I walked in the room, it smelled like an electrical fire. Somehow, the light bulb and the socket, shorted out and literally caught the socket on fire. Luckily, it didn't cause any damage other than ruining the lamp. I had to move those guests into another room. Which meant I had to play more room roulette in the system. Which generally isn't hard to do, unless you are sold out in advance. Which we were sold out of course. So, I had to go to the Streamline after work and have a drink. I was so stressed out from the nights events. But, over the course of the weekend, it wasn't stressful at all even though we had cheerleaders, a wedding party, and a family reunion all at the hotel. Okay, enough about work. On to the picnic. Missy couldn't make it because they sprung a last minute wedding banquet at him. He asked his co-worker if her son could work, so he could join us for the once a year event celebrating our gay pride. And she told him no. Considering, whenever asks for time off and always works around their schedules, he was highly pissed at her. So in other words, it wasn't as much fun as could have been. The picnic itself was a dud in my opinion. Tommy swung by and picked my friend John (not Missy) and me up. We were supposed to meet Grace along with Jeff and Rob there. There were probably 100 people when we got there around 2pm. Of those 100 people, there were probably 75 lesbians and the rest were guys. There were a good number of kids and dogs running around. The weather was cloudy and it was actually chilly as well. We didn't stay but probably about 30 mins because it was just so boring. So, to spicen things up, we headed over to the Streamline. Our friend, Curly, was bar tending. It's always a blast with Curly. Would you believe that it was actually warmer at the Streamline, even though we were 4 stories up and closer to the ocean. It was so strange. I ordered the first round for Tommy, John, and myself. I ordered the beer, vodka & 7, and the screwdriver and then a round of Washington Apples. Well, some hag across the bar asked what the shots were and I told her. Then, it seemed like she was our best friend for the rest of the afternoon. She continued to buy us shots for a good 2 hours. So, needless to say, we were all well lit by 5pm. The sun miraculously came out around 4pm and it warmed up nicely. Our friend Leo swung by and then we decided we were going to go to the new bar that opened up, Solar Nights. When we got there, Grace was about to head over to the Streamline and meet us. I ordered another round for us and we headed outside so we could sit and smoke. I tell ya, I had a great time there. It reminded me of the times, that we had a few years ago at a bar that used to be down the street called Madonna's. We probably stayed at Solar Nights for a good 2 hrs just sitting outside. Then we headed back over to the Streamline. I think we had one round and we all called it a night. As you can see from the pictures, we had a great time. But, that's what we usually have when we all get together. I am thankful to have a great circle of friends that are like my family here locally. Well, I am going to bed now. I plan on getting about 12 hours of sleep, so I can get back in the work groove til Sunday. Have yourself a good week and as always, Peace out!

No comments: