Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Fun

What's going on People? Not much currently. But, it has been a great weekend. Friday, work was not bad at all. Michael and I decided earlier during the day that we would go out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. He swung by and picked me up. At the time we had the afternoon sea breezes that usually cross the state during the summer clashing just to the east of us. We left the house and went the back way. I looked out the window and saw a beautiful rainbow. It wasn't entirely complete at that time, but it was very bright and you could see the vivid colors that it had to offer. By seeing the rainbow, it reminded me of the time, while living in Daytona when a weak tropical storm's eye had crossed over us and I actually saw a "double rainbow". I told Michael about that, low and behold, we turned onto US Hwy 301 and he looked out his window and saw another rainbow on top of the rainbow that we had originally seen. By this time, the first rainbow was complete from one side to another. Unfortunately, like the idiot I am, I left my cell phone at home so I couldn't take a picture. But the rainbow lasted for at least 15-20 mins. It was really an awesome sight to see. We had dinner and walked outside and the rainbow was gone, but I looked up ad actually saw the trail from the shuttle launch. I got excited because I now know if the weather is clear I should be able to see the shuttle launches from here. We got back home and then we headed out and played pool for a couple of hours at a local bar. I got up around 8am on Saturday and worked out in the backyard trying to uproot the weeds that are back there. I got about 1/3 of the yard done. Lisa stopped by to hang out and she wanted to go see a movie. We saw The Invisible. It was a good movie for the most part. We got home and I took a nap until Michael got here. We then went to the www.saturdaynightdinnerclub.net 's weekly dinner. Lisa and Rachael joined us. We actually had a very good time. Rachael was somewhat nervous, but after a couple of margarita's she was just fine. After dinner, the girl's went their way and Michael and I stopped by Cityside for a couple of drinks and played some darts. We got in around 1130pm and listened to some music and until finally falling asleep. But, we did sleep in until 11am this morning. That was novel in itself. I haven't done much today except relax and play with Jerry some. He has completely adjusted and I know he enjoys his new home. Ben literally pounces on him and Jerry sits there for a while taking it and then swats at him. We figured out why Jerry goes on the meowing spree at 4am. Rachael was shutting her bedroom door at night and Jerry must get bored and wanna play with Ben. Since she left it open one night, Jerry hasn't meowed loudly at night. I'm looking forward to the trip over to Daytona next weekend. Michael seems ready to go as well. It should be a good trip. Well, I guess I'm gonna watch some news and play some pinball. Peace out!!

No comments: