Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hard to Believe...

Hey People. Hope all is well with you. Its been a fun filled week. Monday evening after work, Michael and I worked out in the backyard. I moved a fancy palm tree out of the middle of the back yard and put it in the corner. Michael yanked up 2 garbage cans full of plants and stuff. The backyard is coming along very well. I still have to get rid of some more plants along the edge of the fence, but they are all dead. Lisa decided that she was going to get rid of her 5 piece sectional and planned on bringing it over here today. She sent me a message yesterday letting me know that she was replacing her mattress. She has a king bed as well. It's one of those Sleep Number beds. When I got home from work on Wednesday, I moved the table on the back porch outside and set it up with the umbrella. I stripped the bed and moved the mattress in the garage. Then, Michael and I rode over to her house to pick the mattress up. It's literally in about 10 pieces. We got it back home and it was rather easy to set up. I slept the best I have slept in a long time. Amazing they say a mattress can make the difference. It truly does. Today, I completely cleaned the back porch to get it ready for my home theatre furniture to move out there. I put a good bit of stuff in the garage to get it out of the way. I vacuumed the whole porch and wiped everything down. Then I moved the furniture out there and set it up. I completed setting up the outdoor table and chairs and stools. I cut the backyard again. Lisa called me around 230 and said that her son and friend were on their way over with the sectional. I was ready and waiting. Then about 10 minutes later she called and said 2 pieces had fallen off the truck on the interstate. She said they would come here and unload what hadn't fallen off and she and I would go in her car to get them since the were the small sectional pieces. We hopped on the interstate and of course had to get back on in the other direction where they had fallen off. That was a chore in itself. We had no idea if they were going to be ran over into a million pieces or still in one piece. Traffic on the interstate was busy as hell. We couldn't pull off in the emergency lane on the right, because there wasn't one. We pulled off on the left hand side. She had the top down on the car. We literally had to run across 4 lanes of traffic to the side where they were. The cars were going 70 + mph. We made it across to the other side. She grabbed the one closer to the car and walked up about 100 feet to the other one. Then waited for the perfect chance to run across the interstate and loaded them in her car. They somehow fit perfectly and weren't beat it up at all. Only one had lost the legs on it. Amazing, huh, for them to be heading down the interstate at 60mph and Lisa watching them bounce 3 times on the highway. So, then, we headed back to the house. I tried setting it up one way and it didn't look right. So I took the curved piece and stuck it in a corner by itself. Now the couch is at least 12ft from one end to the other. Now everyone can enjoy the projector in a comfy couch. It's burgundy red leather. It compliments Rachael's red and black curtain scheme. I will take some pics and share on here at some point. We figured we can comfortably sit 16 people in the living room with plenty of room for some to stand. I can't wait to throw our first house party. Missy is planning his next visit over mid July. Lisa may throw a dinner party for www.saturdaynightdinnerclub.net at her house. We are hoping she will host it that weekend Missy comes over. She definitely has the room to entertain, that's for sure. LOL. Well, I'm gonna watch some Fast Cars and Superstars. Have a great evening. Peace out!

No comments: