Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Wait Is Over....

Yo Yo Yo People. I hope you all are having a grand ol' time. I know I am. Now that I have my baby girl back, I'm getting back in the swing of things. I got my laptop back on Friday. Luckily, it was covered under the warranty, but they had to replace the motherboard. However, I thought I was lucky when I turned it on and realized that they didn't have to do a complete restore on it. But, my luck, I had to do it after all. I must say, if you don't have to upgrade to Windows Vista yet, DON'T. If you do though, beware that if you use Internet Explorer 7 with Vista, that you can't uninstall it at all. My laptop kept giving me certificate invalid errors. After spending over 1.5 hrs on the phone with HP, I ended up having to wipe my hard drives after all. Fortunately I really didn't have much on them anyways. Most of what I did have I stored on Gmail. This week overall was a very good week considering it was a short week. Without having the internet, it sorta sucked though. I think I could live without cigarettes longer than I can without the internet. I did mention to Rachael at some point this week that I was gonna start looking for a kitten/cat, so Ben could have someone to play with. I figured I wanted to get a Siamese because I can remember the one we had while growing up. That cat was so damn mean, he didn't care who or what he crossed paths with and he would attack you. Daddy named him C.F.H. (Cat From Hell). He was really that bad. I figured I would find one come payday. I thought I would put a jump start on the hunting process and I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a Siamese Cat/Kitten. It was barely an hour and I had 3 - 4 hits. However, the one that got my attention wasn't Siamese. He is a purebred Blue Point Himalayan. He's 2 yrs old, neutered, and declawed at that. His owner only wanted a $75 adoption fee for him. She sent me 2 pictures of him and I immediately fell in love with him. On Saturday evening I joined Michael and some of his friends out for dinner. We met up at Grillsmith. The food was decent. But, we had a good time sitting around chatting about this and that. After dinner, we stopped by Cityside and had a couple drinks and played some darts. Then on Sunday with help from Michael, we rode up to Wesley Chapel and looked at the cat. He was so calm in her arms, while outside he never tried to claw her to death in trying to get away. The pictures she sent me don't do him justice at all. She passed him over to me and he was just like a doll in my arms. I asked what his name was and I about fell off my rocker when she said "Bobo". I knew well in advance what my next pet's name was gonna be. With Rachael having her dog named Ben, my pet's name is gonna be Jerry. He probably weighs about 10-12lbs. You can see in the pictures that his haircut is like that of a lion's. He rode in my lap all the way back and we stopped at K-Mart to get the necessary stuff to start him off. When, we got him home, no quicker than me going out to get something out of the truck and me to get back inside did he disappear. Rachael, Michael, and I looked all over the house and couldn't find him. Wouldn't you know it, Jerry crawled up in the damn recliner and didn't wanna come out. Ben loved him to death though. Jerry never batted an eye at him, hissed, or anything. So, I put Jerry in my bedroom, so he could calm down some while I set up his box and bowl. He's good at playing hide and seek. Because I don't have many places in my bedroom to hide, but he managed to get under my captain's bed and crawl up in one of the drawers in the back corner. I decided I would take a nap before the girls and I headed over to Michael's for dinner. When I got up, he was still petrified and in the drawer. So I pulled him out and put him in the bathroom. Wouldn't you know it, Jerry laid in that litter box for at least an hour before we left for dinner and wouldn't get out. Since, we took Ben with us to dinner I figured Jerry would have run of the house while we were out. Michael cooked a delicious dinner for us. Sirloin steaks topped with bleu cheese and mushrooms, along with steamed broccoli and a salad. Lisa bought dessert. We had a delightful time watching Ben playing with Michael's dogs. He was just like a kid. At home he has energy, but tonight, he barked for the first time and he was non-stop full of action and playfulness. I'm sure when Jerry relaxes a little, him and Ben are going to be best of buds. When we got home, Jerry was darting out of the bathroom and I could tell he's getting used to his surroundings some. He's jumped up on the bed with me a couple of times as I have been typing the blog out. Well, I'm heading to bed, as always, Peace out!

No comments: