Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A special anniversary...

Hello people. Hope everyone is doing well. Here it is Tuesday night and I'm getting very anxious. Tomorrow is the beginning of 16 non-stop weeks of LOST. I don't know what it is about this show. But, I follow it online and know a lot about it. We are going to be getting some answers before the season finale. Unfortunately, out of all the DVD's I lost, (no pun intended), my favorite ones were both seasons of LOST. Each year it has come out, I buy it that day. I am going to have to replace them before season 4 starts in Sept-Oct. Speaking of "that", I got a call from the deputy today and he was just making sure that Lisa's car was okay to be in our driveway. The deputies came back out today and talked again to the neighbors. He told me that one of them is a "suspect/person of interest" in our break-in. So we are keeping our fingers crossed. I haven't slept right ever since it happened. I am at the midpoint of class for work. I tell ya, it's pretty mind boggling with all the policies that come with job. I have seen more abbreviations than I ever wanna see. But, I have faith that it is going to be easy out in the call center. We spent a day in the call center last Friday and I thought it was interesting. You get to hear a lot of different stories and pleas from people out there on medicaid, food stamps, and cash assistance. So I am having a positive outlook on this, where as in the hotel business in the call center, it was a different atmosphere by far. In this position now, this is the opportunity to reach out and help people in need. It's almost like I'm returning the special favors that have been given to me. Tomorrow, February 7, is a special day in my life. Every year it is a day that I reminisce about that day back in 1986 when my family drove 4-5 hours away to pick me up from the group home in the mountains of NC, where I had been for over a year. I was 10 yrs old, and who knows where I really was in life. My family adopted me and brought me into their lives and here it is 21 years later, and I feel I am such a better person. I have always said that I feel like a teenager. I never got to experience life as a normal kid. I will never forget the endless nights we would play the Atari 2600 (river raid, pitfall, frogger, freeway and plenty more, oh yeah dig dug). I know that there have been many a tough times over he years, but I guess that comes with all families. But, in the end, we are still connected, even if its 500 miles away. My family and closest friends are the reason why I went from a troubled child at 10 years to the man I am now. Thank you all for your support, advice, and guidance over the years. Happy Anniversay to my Family. To all of you, I love you all!!! Peace out!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I've not been ignoring you. I never can remember the exact date. It honestly almost seems to me that you've always been one of us. But happy anniversary, and I'm glad you're my brother, even though you make me nuts!