Saturday, February 03, 2007

Some Welcoming Committee...

Woo Hoo, it's the weekend. But, it's been a helluva week. It all started with work. I had my first test. It was open book. I felt pretty good about it, but I made some stupid mistakes and missed some that I knew I had trouble with. I did pass the test, but by the hair on my nose. Rachael and I got more of the house setup. It's looking pretty good. But, we had a major setback on Thursday. While we were at work, our house was burglarized. They rummaged through every cabinet and drawer throughout the house. They swiped all of our dvd's, both of our laptops, her jewelry, my home automation collection, and my laptop bag that had all my accessories along with my digital camera. I've been pretty sad the last couple of days because my laptop had my life on it and it's gone as fast a blink of the eye. Luckily they overlooked the box that had my projector in it. They opened it up and took the packing paper out and walked away from it. They didn't take my 1 day old surround sound system I bought. We called the police and did the usual routine. The cops took pictures and lifted a few fingerprints. Maybe if we are lucky, we might get our things back. But, in today's times, it's probably very unlikely. I had awesome plans to spend my income taxes wisely and get the house looking even better. But I had to replace my computer. We get robbed on Thursday, and I get my taxes deposited on Fri. I guess it worked out at the right time, We were able to replace the laptops without going in the hole unexpectedly. I was very depressed handing the clerk at Best Buy my debit card to buy my new laptop. But, all we can do is move on and learn. I pretty much spent a good part of the day today installing locks on the sliding glass doors and and on the other entry doors of the house. We got the alarm that came with the house up and working too. If there is a next time, I hope they are prepared to meet the new guard dog and/or a gun. I'm seriously considering taking a gun safety course and having a gun with me. I'm going to have a safe installed into my closet and keep my valuables in there along with some excellent hiding spaces in the house. I got the projector shelf installed and surround sound set up today. I think the setup will be perfect in the living room. We got curtains hung in the living room and kitchen. Black in the living room with red sheers and red curtains in the kitchen with black sheers. It's all coming together. I'm determined to keep my chin up and move forward as best we can. As my motto says "Living the simple life, making it the best that I can". Oh, Daytona has been hit again by a very nasty round of Tornadoes. This time it was much worse than the storms that hit on Christmas day. At least 20 people across the state lost their lives to the tornadoes that hit in the wee hours of the morning. There was devasting damage across the Daytona area. If you are interested...check out www.newsjournalonlne.com and read the local paper there to find out more. This time they had a tornado hit Thursday night and then again on Friday night. It's frightening to see Mother Nature is blind andjust ravages anyone in her path. Well, I've had about 8 hours of sleep since Weds. night. My body is craving sleep, so I am gonna hit the sack. Peace out!

No comments: