Sunday, February 18, 2007

1st Race of the Season

Vroom vroom people. It's the Great American Race. I'm sitting here in my recliner watching the open ceremonies to the Daytona 500. Big and Rich sang the national anthem and it brought tears to my eyes. I think NASCAR is the most dangerous sport there is out there. I think its amazing for them to fly around the track 200+ mph and when they crash or wreck they can practically walk away from it. The skill it takes to race around a track non-stop for 3+ hours. I remember when I met Richard Petty and Kyle back in '00. They used to stay at LaPlaya Resort when I worked there. Richard was such a nice guy. I do miss Daytona in a way for the special events. I have rooted for Mark Martin for several years. And he is semi-retired and he lives in Daytona. It all boils down to who crosses that finish line first. I woke up this morning and pretty much rolled right out of bed and started on some cleaning up around the house. I got the bedroom cleaned up, hung the shower curtain, swept all the floors, did the laundry, and emptied the dishwasher. Cooked a nice dinner yesterday. Grilled some chops, made some pasta salad and black eye peas, and baked some banana nut muffins. Not sure why, they seem to come out dry. I follow the instructions and they come out warm tasting great, but then dry up. Anyone know what to do to fix it, let me know. Well, the race is about to start, wish them luck and safe race. Peace out!

No comments: