Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April Has Sprung....










Hola, People. Hope you are all doing fine and dandy. I know for sure I am. I just can't believe it's already friggin' April. It's 249am, right now. Let's see how long this entry will take. As I, have a good bit of blogging to catch up on. LOL. I know I have promised you a few out of you out there that I would catch up on here and add some more pics and such. Well, I frankly, have not in the mood to sit here and type all the happenings. But, now I am, and here we go. LOL. As I mentioned in the last entry, the owner of the Streamline passed away on March 12. What I failed to mention at the time was that they were having a Celebration of Life on his behalf on Easter Sunday. I must say when Missy, Tommy, and I stopped by the Streamline, it was a touching experience. You will see that in the pictures. There were at least 150 people upstairs. They had rainbow balloons tied to the railings on the balcony all the way around the place. It was so windy, but they managed not to pop or fly away. There were tables for 8 with nice white linens all the way around the top of the balcony. Whistle Junction catered the food. As the sun was setting we released all the balloons and said a few words in remembrance of Eric. He will be missed. All on the inside of the Penthouse and the Nascar bars were displayed items and pictures of Eric's journey around the world with his family and friends. It was rather nice. Overall, it was a nice experience. The painted the exterior of the balcony upstairs and put a new coat throughout the Penthouse as well. A lot of people don't like the Streamline, but I am one of the few that actually do. Granted, it's full of hustlers and trolls, but if you look past that, there's no other bar in this town like it with it's panoramic views of the city and the beach. The hustlers, nor the trolls, for that matter really bother me. Most know, that's not my scenery or choice in life. But, every time I go, I always have a good time with friends and the bartenders. Okay, let me move on. I have been working the evenings at work. When I worked in NC in the hotel business, it was a little different. We didn't have to deal with perturbed time share tourists. I now remember why when I went to Tampa I wanted to leave the hotel business. They drive me insane sometimes. I just have a low tolerance to ignorance these days. But, I do take into consideration, that they may just be oblivious to the facts and not really not what common sense really is. I had one this evening that just about made me lose my temper. I was literally shaking. She continued bitching about how the time share people told her this and that. I asked her to relax and let me get them checked in so they could at least enjoy the hotel and not have to worry about their stay with us. I have been saying this alot lately, but it's women like her that absolutely make me happy that I am gay. If I was to be her husband, I don't think I could take her mouth that would never shut up and all it spewed out was whining and complaining about little things that didn't need to be discussed in a place of business. She was totally out of line so much, that after 15 mins of listening to her moaning, I had to threaten her with "I will refuse you service, if you don't relax and not complain anymore". But, she wouldn't and I tried to stick with my threat. I called the Welcome Center back and advised them that we were refusing service to the client and I would be sending them back so they can direct them to another hotel to stay at. However, my boss came back, and I advised him of everything and he wouldn't let me do it. He said give them the best customer service possible and write down the complaints. Of course, I replied with, how can I give good customer service when she is being a raging bitch and won't keep her mouth shut. He said just do it. So, it took every last nerve I had to go back with that fake smile and get them checked in. But, the ladies friend, told her to go outside and keep her f'ing mouth shut as well. I got my curtains finally for the living room. Of course, thanks to Missy, he advised me that I should use the ones that I got with my comforter set back at Christmas. Well, the two panels that came with it weren't wide enough. So, I hopped on http://www.brylanehome.com/ and ordered another set up curtains. I also ordered a nice black sheer curtain as well to go behind them to help keep out the sunlight. Of course, my idea worked because it filtered out the sunshine but still let in the actual light. I can now comfortably still watch and see the projector during broad daylight now. This past Saturday at work, if anything could go wrong, it did. We had a washer break down, meaning that all of the rooms weren't clean and inspected until almost 5pm. We also had an elevator break down. And to top it off, we were SOLD OUT. Everything in the hotel is brand new, not half assed repaired. But, it sucked having those issues arise. I got my first full power bill this month. Amazingly, it was even lower than last months, which was for 3 weeks. Only $26 is all it was. I am impressed with the way my condo stays at a constant 72-28 inside even when its almost 90 or 40 outside. I haven't had to crank up the A/C just yet. And at this rate, I don't want to turn the damn power hog on. LOL. My children are doing quite well with each other. Meeko has pretty much gotten acquainted in his new surroundings and he's a good cat. Jerry is still king of this condo and will always be. He still thinks he can get on my counters in the kitchen, and knows I won't tolerate it. He probably wallers all over them when I am not home just to be spiteful to me. LOL. Well, it's now 3:55am and I am going to go to bed. Hope you all enjoyed this post and I will be blogging again soon. I really want to get this down to a pattern of blogging at least once a week if not twice. Have a great night and as always, PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

It's All Good Gay said...

well fianlly! hahahaha jk, love the post and the take on the streamline. well written. always a pleasure to read your blog. enjoy~
p