Friday, March 07, 2008

1st Month Passes...

Psst, how's it going People? All is great here. I never imagined how happy I would be living alone. But, alot of things have happened in the last month. Just to name a few, moving in my own apartment, leaving the Hilton, starting a more enjoyable job, riding the bus again (something I actually enjoy doing as well), acquiring a new family member to the house (Meeko), and there's been a few other things that have all contributed to my happiness. For those who know me well enough, I am one of those people when they get their mind set on doing something, that I will be anal about making sure there's a few plans in place just in case something fails. I am adding some more pictures that I have taken through the week of the Bike Week Festivities. I can say that this is one of the more enjoyable Bike Weeks that I have had. I don't know why, but I have always said, that life is what you make it. So I am banking on that's why I am much happier these days. Speaking of being happy, I got my first power bill today. It was a whopping $30. I was thrilled to death. Missy came by today and brought his MP3 player we ordered off eBay. It came from Hong Kong. It took just over 2 weeks for him to get it. But, its a neat little gadget for $20 shipped. Its a large peanut shaped player that has a 1gig USB storage drive built in it. We hooked the laptop up to the projector (since he is blind as a bat and can't see much LOL). We started rummaging through my music collection, which is actually his as well here on the computer. We managed to put 112 songs on it in about 15 mins. I gotta tell ya, having another cat in the house has been uplifting. I always thought Jerry was a lazy cat by choice. But, now that Meeko has gotten settled, he and Jerry are just like best of friends. They play around with each other and chase each other. Jerry likes to attack him from underneath the "cattertainment" center. I am very happy with that craigslist purchase. Meeko still sleeps at the foot of the bed. Sometimes he has snuggled up with a pillow. I just admire that he is a vocal kitty. You can talk to him and he talk right back to him. We had some nasty understorms come through this afternoon and evening. There was possibly a tornado down in Ponce Inlet. Well, I am off Sunday and Monday. I have one more day of dealing with the bikers. It will be nice to see them me on and bring the spring breakers in. I am hoping that with the economy in such a pitiful state, that more local colleges come to town. They don't seem as destructive as the out of towners that visit. Well, I am off to bed. Have a great weekend. Peace out!

No comments: